27 Sept 2009

Woo!

OK! I just beat one of the Death's Arena bosses and got a pretty nice prize from it: 雷神の剣. Sure, the Mythril Sword is comparable since both use STRx11 as their damage output, but I don't know the damage formula for the different categories of weapons. I think I might hit a road block soon in SaGa2DS. Didn't have much trouble with Venus, surprisingly. It was weird... I managed to put her to sleep for a few rounds, which I couldn't do in the original. On the RPGamer forums, specifically the thread about the import impressions, he said that Venus seemed to have gained immunity to Sleep. Didn't have Stone Gaze at that point, so I couldn't check if I could do what I did last night. I'll check in my 2nd run since I'm way past that point now and my other 2 saves are nowhere near it either.

Working on filling out the Renki list as well, but I really like one of the Katana ones; it hits a group of enemies for moderate amount of damage, is physical, and I don't have to waste a Bazooka for it. Most of them aren't visually impressive like the Skills in Romancing SaGa, but the relative amount of damage is MUCH more impressive. Seriously, averaging about only 100~200 damage for a normal attack, and a fully chained Renki? OVER 1500 DAMAGE. Rare, but worth it.

Anyways, road block. New world, haven't explored it with the original yet, and I think I'm lost. Doesn't help that during the dragon race that I finished the fight with exactly one member KO'ed and one other near dead. And finally learned what Limit Drive does, somewhat. You take less damage, dodge more, and for some reason, you might be able to act twice? It's really not something you want to happen since you need to take extreme amounts of damage for it to activate, lasts 3 turns, and I only had about 450MaxHP at the time. So encounters are starting give me a bit of trouble, and quickly approaching the 10 hour mark. So no, you can't beat this game in under 10 hours unless you get really lucky with stat ups and meats for monster evolution.

I'll get to posting another LP entry soon... Just haven't been motivated to do it lately. Blame it on SaGa being so brutally fun to play. It's not to say that DMC isn't in the same boat, just another take on it. An RPG take is what I needed after doing effectively 100 hours of DMC4. Maybe I should finish the other 6 MinSaGa playthroughs at some point?

No comments:

Post a Comment