24 Sept 2009

Oh. I see.

Yep. I figured out what triggered the flag. It's either very clever or they really got lucky with the programming. Of course, I'm keeping in mind that SaGa games are a complete mess when it comes to their programming (not that I can program...). Seriously, you can beat SaGa1 in less than 5 minutes if you know what you're doing and know how to take advantage of how the game glitches. And the chainsaw against God that's not supposed to work.

Anyways, the flag triggered because of using a very specific cheat to obtain all the Map Abilities before the story event (or finding it) required to get to it (I think, almost there). The Map Abilities are tied to the 秘宝, so if you hack in the abilities first, the game will think that you also have the corresponding 秘宝, and some of those might be tied to certain story events, thus setting off the event flags. It wasn't that hard to confirm. All it took was a little cheating with stats (since that doesn't affect anything else) to get to right after fighting Ashura, since that's supposed to set off the next event: Going to the next world to find the Micron to help Kai. So... while the party was in the Isis Temple, I saved, then activated the "Press select for all Map Abilities" cheat. Then... confirmed that I had all the map abilities in the menu and went up to Kai. Lo and behold, she thanks me for helping her even though I did absolutely nothing. Just that sets the event flag as "complete," and thus completely screws me over from continuing because I'm missing pieces of Magi to get through the next door. Woo. Still, better than fiddling around with that "Trash Can bug" and being left with no pieces of Power Magi. I'm literally left with no Power Magi in the original.

No comments:

Post a Comment