20 Sept 2009

Ahahaha.... EAT THE MEAT.

So... Sa・Ga 2 秘宝伝説 GODDESS OF DESTINY was released not too long ago in Japan. Through some rather... shady means, I've been playing that while also working on assignments. Since it's also Sa・Ga's 20th anniversary this year, I've also started playing the original Sa・Ga games from the GameBoy era. Well, more specifically, SaGa 2's original. Probably will get around to playing SaGa1 and SaGa3 at some point.

Just got to the 2nd World in the original since I decided to finish that one first before moving on with the remake. Honestly, I don't know which version is harder, but I seemed to get my ass kicked more often in the remake, which is kinda funny. Perhaps it's due to using a different party set-up? Original: Human Male, Esper Female, Meka, MiniDragon (which is now a BabyWyrm). Remake: Human Male, Human Female, Esper Female, Minidragon (which is now a Red Bone. With CURE?!). It's probably because the Meka's my main source of damage output. I LOVE USING GUNS. Will probably restart the remake for a more balanced party, and to abuse the system a little bit...

Yeah, I'm having a lot of fun with this game. Yes, it's harder than your typical JRPG, mostly because of the monster evolution that's pretty much trial-and-error until you either read a guide or remember. Luckily, the remake features a "Meat Dictionary" (what...?) to keep track of possible evolutionary paths your little monster can take. Oh, and the weird stat growth. It's kinda like MinSaGa's, only almost completely focused on the weapon type and not the character's growth rates, which is practically non-existent except for HP. That's based on class, but I haven't seen my Meka improve. At all. Also heard that you should be able to finish it in 10 hours? Uh... yeah, NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. Even the veterans are having trouble with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment