6 Jan 2010

Emmy's got a cool render!

Completing "The Hero" and "The War of a Thousand Years" together or separately yields different entries in the Quest log...

Separately
The Hero: The hero-turned-monster is done for! Balterossa is safe. Go me!
The War of a Thousand Years: I killed the monster! The qsiti seems to think there's some kind of conspiracy, but who cares! The important thing is-I rock!

Together
The Hero: The hero-turned-monster is dead. No one really knows how he transformed into that thing. Not my problem, I guess.
The War of a Thousand Years: I killed the monster and the ancient hero. I don't know why they kept fighting all these years. Isn't there a better way to spend time...?

I like these little details~ Also, the tone of Rush's notes when completing the quests. Pats himself on the back when dealing with them separately. WTF-ing and scratching his head if done together. I don't think there are any other quests that do that.

Also just got the JP guidebook recently. And they're right. The soldiers have illegal upgrade pathways for the 360 version. That's just plain stupid. Good thing that was changed in the PC version. Or at least I think it was... Seriously, that book is almost thicker than a phone book! It was heavier than the Ookami OST, which is 5 discs! If they had released a PC version guidebook, I would have bought that instead. There's no info on the DLC (360) monsters, and the newly updated stuff from the PC version. I guess listing every single freakin' change would have taken up at least 5 pages. There are weapon stat changes, wage changes, different things have new requirements, some things don't cut each other off (At Hatred's End not required for Things Unchangeable anymore), etc.

More later, after I browse through the book some more and getting a few more segments recorded. I think I'm going to need that hard drive.


Got to Chapter 13 in FFXIII. I think I accidentally put myself in a somewhat unwinnable situation. The enemy groups don't give out that much CP, and are pretty damn hard to beat as well. Good thing I have a save back in Chapter 11 where I can just head outside and start grinding for CP. Maybe also take on more missions to get the Dash Boots. I have an idea on how to get them, just need to get enough materials to level up the Hermes Boots as well. Not sure if it's a good time to start farming for Traps either. It's not like I need the 3rd tier weapons right now, but I should at least get more weapons upgraded so that it's not such a pain to kill everything. Even the normal encounters are driving me insane. Yeah, I'll just restart from Chapter 11. It's not like I lost that much time. Plus, I get to watch the intro to Chapter 12 again! That's always fun.

So the to-do list would be to max out Crystarium Lvl. 9 before heading to Chapter 12. That way, I can start getting some of their secondary roles (which are unbelieveably expensive) levelled up somewhat with the Grow Egg. Pretty sure that the CP gains cap at 999 999, so I need to be careful about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment