29 Jan 2010

It took 3 playthroughs.

Bravery and Loyalty. That quest is kicking my ass right now, but at least I got a Bandit and rare monster kill! THREE PLAYTHROUGHS BEFORE I FINALLY SEE A BANDIT IN A DUNGEON. ... Maybe I'll get back to it at another time. For the time being, getting through different bits, but I know that I should get this quest done since it has a time limit. Needs to be before the Nest of Eagles fight, but that shouldn't be too bad. After all, Wisdom's Echo opens up before it, just after David's meeting in Nagapur. I'm going to need all the grinding I can get for those soldiers. I'm not sure how I'm going to manage the unique leaders' skills since they're so many more of them.

Rush hit the Wizard class, which isn't too bad for a unit that has a Dual-wield Katana specific art right now. Managed to use it ONCE. Freakin' high AP cost at this point of the game. Because of having the 2 Ragna-rocks, he's also managed to learn Divine Echo/Kiss of Life and Reboot/Second Chance. Like hell he's going to be able to cast those anytime soon. Still, it's pretty funny. I've decided to stack the unions to have them survive a little longer, but it also means that I can't flank stuff as often. I'm hoping that I don't screw over some of their classes right now. As for unions, will probably end up using Jewel of Undelwalt a lot for the Herbs users. The bonus is better than what the Hourglass formation gives. Either way, it's not going to matter all that much because I'll be using the Mystic Seal formation for grinding. Oh, Lythete learned Eye Cream naturally. Managed to get him use Antivenin multiple times by stacking unions in the Gaslin Caves and telling Rush to NOT use Cure/Refresh. Now, all that's left is to get them to learn Vivification Herb/Tincture to make sure that they can start reviving. Can't do much about Hartshorn because it's a Rank A Lotions art. The enemies at the Ivory peaks are more than enough to KO the 5-member soldier-only union. I don't want to move either Rush or Emma over there... I need to move forward some more before hiring more soldiers. I'm being a little slow because of training Emma and Rush for their section. Admittedly, it wasn't bad on Normal, but considering how much harder everything hits on Hard, I'm not taking that many risks. I also want to get Rush to hit either STR59 or INT59 to get the Ninja class benefits. The bonus to Dual Wield should give some advantage against Namul Sin and Niram Sin.


Noticing a few differences between the JP and EN settings. The JP version colour-codes a lot more stuff, namely the Classes. It actually highlights which ones are Combat/Combat+Mystic/Combat+Item/etc., unlike the EN version, which just highlights that when you achieve the first level of the class. Then it just changes to all yellow once you hit the Legendary level. The "LOOP CHANCE!" and "OVERDRIVE!" text graphics are also different. It's more rounded in the JP version. The text speed is also slightly faster, which is nice, but I wish that it was that fast in English.

Also, while reading the "Discussion" sections of some pages, my curiosity has been piqued. I want to stick Dave and Wyngale (and maybe Leucetius because he's afraid of Dave) in the same union to listen to what they say. Apparently, Dave changes what he says from time to time based on who's in the union. I want to hear him say "scream for me." I generally would prefer a party full of nutcases.

Random note, but I've downloaded the Ar Tonelico 3 soundtracks. There seems to be more corrupted Hymmnos this time around. It's kinda... unsettling.

No comments:

Post a Comment