23 Jan 2010

Main Story = OK. Extras? Not so much.

Well, that was odd. I tried to take on The Lost without recording it, and I won without any problems. Then when I was recording, lost on all attempts. Hm. Well, I can challenge it again after a bit. After I clear the Ancient Ruins. Which, incidentally, is what I did not too long ago. Lost on my first attempt against the Demigod, then struggled for about 20 turns. Then went ahead with attempting to beat the Idols. Didn't work out too well. The Charged Idol wiped out the party quite handily with the Tempest Insignia. The Idols get a move before and after every turn, whether or not you use Cachexia, I think. I should be able to stop the Insignia moves with Cachexia though, and at least I know that they're Mystic attacks. I think the only way I'm going to survive it is to have insane amounts of HP, something I don't have. And I can't play defensively because of lacking Wards and other arts.

Really, all that's left now is to finish off the main story, and the remaining 3 quests (The Cosmos Maiden, Kosmosfest and Things Unchangeable). I'll keep the file around to level up some more before heading off to face against those DLC bosses again. I'm fighting most of them for the first time too, so it'll be interesting. Definitely not push-overs when using soldiers because the move pool just isn't there for reassessing the situation. It'll be even worse in Hard Mode. Probably will degenerate into brute forcing everything. I think I'm going to allow myself to use generic leaders, but it's going to be "along the way" thing. The rogue Athlum soldiers, for the sake of the run, will count as soldiers and not as leaders. Wonder why all of them have the "Cowardice" unique parameter? It better not screw up their Rethink process.

Probably won't chronicle much more from LasuRemu, unless something really comes up. Or I'll just continue fangirling over certain things. *ahem*David'seyepatch*ahem*

No comments:

Post a Comment