31 Dec 2009

Off to save a party member that I'll never use

*sigh* Made it past the Numor Mine. Took a few tries and a little manipulation of my union formation to get through it (almost forgot that Blizzard helps spread out units and provides a little boost in physical defense). Spark V from Rush was quite the lifesaver. The Ragna-rock accessory seems to stack, so that was a relief. Going to make sure that he keeps it whenever necessary. Unless it's a boss fight. It also looks like [Mystic] Extra Hit+3 only affects Invocations and Evocations. Really disappointing, really. Would have liked the extra ~11% damage done with the other mystic arts. I guess it's somewhat understandable since the Hexes and Psionics are meant to wipe out entire unions while inflicting statuses. Invocations and Evocations hit single targets unless they're AoE spells (the later Invocations/Evocations like Assault Acid/Caustic Blast, Assault Frost/Permafrost, Eclipse/Smoke Shot, etc.). They also become ridiculously broken late game when they hit large unions AND critical on each target.

Also made it past the Nest of Eagles, so Emmy's joined the party. Not that it really matters since she's not going to be in any fights, save for the "The Fated One" sidequest. And even when she pops in, she'll receive a massive boost in HP to compensate for the fact that she's the only one in the union. Now to complete a bunch of sidequests before saving Irina. A good number of them will be gone after finishing the 1st half of the game. I want to try beating the True Conqueror using only soldiers I've trained. So, no Rush dealing massive damage with Swift Spring Squall V. Seriously, that art is deadly. If he crits, that's well over 200 000 damage right there. So, I'll need to make a separate save where I've triggered the "Things Unchanged" sidequest, and one where I haven't. I think I need to set that specific event flag for the Rank 8 Conqueror. I'm pretty sure that's what triggers that specific fight, even with the number of sidequests completed to trigger the other ranked fights. But... the recording will be of the file that finishes the "Things Unchangeable" quest.

I think I'll do an LP of this first before finishing/restarting DMC4. I can't seem to figure out why the sound isn't working, so it might take a while. All I really need to do is get a mic to record whatever I'm going to say, and find a video service to upload the vids to. I'm thinking Veoh since pretty much all of my videos are WELL OVER AN HOUR LONG, and YouTube doesn't allow video sizes of over 2GB. Sorry for not keeping a timer beside me while gaming. Can't really play in 10-minute spurts, ya know? Well, 10:59 segments.

Also, I suggestions for a better video encoder... Xvid's nice and all, but I'm noticing a degradation of colour. It's not as shiny and vibrant as when I'm playing it. At least it runs smoothly and nothing's gone out of sync. Just a little annoyed at how the colours were dulled a little bit.



As a side note... Why does Paris' voice sound so stupid in English? For the most part, the English voice work is pretty good. Just... why do some of them sound so stupid? Just... ugh. I much prefer his JP voice. At least there he doesn't sound like a boy going through puberty with his nose pinched. And actually sounding like a royal. /rage

No comments:

Post a Comment