16 Jan 2010

Learn Hartshorn already!

Grinded, but also went ahead with completing a few quests. I think I'll just finish off the Wisdom's Echo side quest to open up "The Fated One," which upon its completion will allow me to recruit Jager for the UFO?! quest. Also raising my BR quite a bit through the quests and fighting everything in my path... Mostly because I'm looking for materials to upgrade the army's stuff. Looks like I won't be upgrading that quickly until past Undelwalt, so I'll just be moving on.

Didn't do too badly during the Six Bases and Koenigsdorf fights. Blasted through the base assault just fine, but The Seven did prove to be a bit troublesome. Milton was definitely the worst. If he uses Iron Will, it's like he used Overdrive along with status buffs. There's also his sword, which has the Instakill effect, and its occurrence rate seems to be 100%. Oh, and he always targets the union leader first. Didn't Raidlock Ludope by accident this time, but he still used Galaxy. Hinnah and Hannah weren't too bad, since Twin Snowpetal didn't quite wipe out everyone. Also kill them within a turn or 2 of each other, so no crazy Overdrive madness or reviving. The other 3 bases were easy compared to those 4.

Tried taking on the Fallen only to die horribly after the 5th turn. Used Rain of Blades, killed the remaining 3 unions I had. Going to need to revise my union plans to lower Morale like crazy. Or get Cachexia onto every. Single. Hex user. Can't get into the Ancient Ruins until The Fallen's been taken care of. It's also a required quest, so I'll be stuck at that for the next little while. The farthest I can go is getting Undelwalt onto the map, but I can't go in unless I finish up The Fallen. Or else it disappears. Much like progressing your ER too quickly in MinSaGa. Come to think of it, I never figured out the BR in MinSaGa, which governs what types of enemies you'll encounter. I think I'll be abusing Bai Ze for grinding now because I want to deal with Glenys's chain of events. Off to the Flaumello Tower! After I actually finish the "Wisdom's Echo" side quest. Also should remember to use the Mystic Seal formation to bolster defenses (OK, not really) while rendering my attacks to practically useless (ATK/MYS and Strength/Intellect = 0). Need to train arts to increase activation speed...! Not sure about using the Mystic Henge or Mystic Shield against The Fallen. Main problem with Henge is that the M.DEF increase isn't all that much; up to 15% because I don't have any Sovani soldiers. Shield DROPS the M.DEF of the 1st and 5th positions (~40%), but boosts 2-4 to 120%.


There seems to be a lot of German thrown around here, and Hamauzu isn't part of this game! Actually, I noticed the German the first time through. Didn't feel like mentioning it.

And people are downloading the save file I posted on GameFAQs. Huh. No complaints about it either... But now someone else wants a different save file. Well, more like requesting. Too bad it's a unique leader run with a high BR and lots of stuff done. I'm nowhere near finished my current file to get to where he left off, so I won't be helping out this time. It's always nice to hang around GameFAQs during certain times. It's really the only way to avoid any sort of idiocy. The Bayonetta board was really nice too, until a few weeks before the NA release. SaGa games, JP-only Tales and games that have been released in Japan but haven't been localized for the North American market yet. Those are the games and times that are not likely to be completely populated with idiots. Come to think of it, what happened to that Eternia-loving moron VeghEster? Can't really complain, since he was such an annoying poster, comparing everything to either Eternia or Symphonia. REBIRTH DOES NOT PLAY LIKE EITHER OF THEM. And some moves may have had their properties changed when included in a different game. Or even have the same Romanized name, but are completely different when looking at the Kanji. Example: Luke's Reppashou is different from Veigue's Reppashou, even though both use swords. Leave the answering to those who've played the game in question.

No comments:

Post a Comment