12 Jan 2010

Full (soldier) party get!

Yay, got 18 active members now. So now it's grinding time, which is boring and unnecessary to record, to bring the newest members of the team up to par. I just need to get the party poisoned at some point to get a certain someone to learn Eye Cream already! I think 3 Lotion users should be enough. The only problem is that Eye Cream doesn't heal for all that much, unless you have a 5-person union, and that it takes forever to get Hartshorn. Just having Lotions users is helpful just in case those Remedies users (which I have 3 of... normally I have 5+) end up silenced and require help being cured.

So, during the grinding... Lavelle, one of my Invocations users, learned Assault Flare/Wildfire. I was also making a few observations with the trainer. Turns out that there's experience to be gained if you just select the command. So you get EXP when you select the skill, actually go through with the skill, and possibly get a bonus if you kill with the skill. The only thing that's up in the air at the moment is whether or not you get the EXP for the individual skills if you accidentally trigger an Arcana. Guess I'll be watching the trainer a little more closely during another grinding session. I don't know when I should stop with the grinding though... I can't get to the Ancient Ruins until I pass Darken Forest and beat The Fallen, but I doubt the team can take on The Fallen at this point. Not unless all the Lotions users can clear most of the statuses. Oh, one of them FINALLY learned Bewitch, so that's a plus. Lowers Morale much more than Dispirit, and I can train it while trying to spark Cachexia. Of course, that's only one out of 5 Hex users. There's a serious lack of Psionics (Morale control), Wards (buffs damn it!) and Shards (5000HP heal?) users amongst the soldiers. Continuing with upgrading their equipment as much as possible. Clearing as many quests as possible. Capping what the uniques say when they upgrade their stuff. And why are Rush's responses to David different from everyone else? "Aw, I can't say no to you." and "No." Everyone else is some sort of variation of "Sounds like a plan." and "Kinda busy, sorry." They were really playing up the Ho Yay, weren't they?! Responses vary quite a bit as well. Ranges from being insulted to "OK, maybe next time." to "I-I see... I'll do my best not to falter in the field, then..." <- Dave's response to "No."

Anyways, quests. The Assistant is going to be annoying. The previous 2 runs were completed through cheating. Basically, I couldn't be bothered with hunting down the materials with a low Dig Count. Need to finish Wisdom's Echo to take on The Fated One. I think the last part of the Paris-Charolette romance is open, so I guess I can deal with that one at the same time. Just worried about The Fallen since it's window of opportunity is very small. Darken Forest to Undelwalt. Either way, I want to be able to take on the DLC bosses too. The Lost (Remnant) should be a sizable challenge. Exactly like The Fallen, only you have to win in 5 turns or less.



Played the End of Eternity demo on the Newcomer mode. I tried it once before, but it was a little confusing because I wasn't sure what did what. But... I think I have an idea now. Oh, and Shimono Hiro voices Zephyr, so there's a reason to import it~ I'm going to hold off ordering it for the time being though. There are other games coming out as well; 3D Dot Game Heroes in May, may pick up FFXIII in English, End of Eternity, Last Rebellion, Sengoku BASARA 3, FF Versus XIII, KH:BBS, etc. Yeah, lots of games this year. There might even be a few gems that are unknown at the moment. But yeah, after getting a hang of the system, it was pretty fun. Definitely on my watch list.Speaking of demos...



I played the Dante's Inferno demo during the break but didn't think too much of it. The marketing campaign for it is just... I don't know what to think. It's great that it's getting lots of attention, but the type of attention that they're going for is just plain stupid. Right, the most important part of it, gameplay. I've never played God of War before. Shocking, isn't it? Well, shocking for someone who regularly plays DMC (and now Bayonetta), and enjoys doing crazy things in games. So when other people started saying that it was a God of War clone, I was completely lost. The only thing I know about it is the QTEs that happen during combat. Naturally, I don't like QTEs all that much, being primarily an RPG kind of gamer. Didn't really encounter too many during the demo, but the game was just... I just didn't like it. The controls were OK. I personally don't like having the Dodge command mapped to the right analog. Much rather have it like DMC (lock-on+direction+jump) or Bayo's (option of DMC's or R2+direction). It was also very easy to just spam attacks. There was no incentive to make the combat look good, or to even vary combos. Of course, it's been about 3 weeks since I've played it, so maybe I'll boot it up again to refresh my memory. And skewer the game even further on a later date. >:3 I'm not evil~

No comments:

Post a Comment