2 Oct 2009

Still not getting anywhere.

So after grinding a hell of a lot in SaGa2DS, I finally beat Odin (and those crows, Huugin and Muugin). Then I lose all my MAGI to Apollo (or is it Apollyon, a fallen angel?!), get Dad back, and realize that he's still a hell of a lot stronger than everyone in the party. HE HAS STATS IN THE 80s AND 700HP. WHAT THE HELL GUYS. I'M BARELY BREAKING 600 HERE. Actually, I'm more upset that I don't have the Masamue MAGI anymore. It was a cool looking weapon that can raise your STR if you used it. Onward to the Final Dungeon! Appropriate name, no?

Still haven't advanced too much further in the original. Got to Edo, but that was it. I pretty much lost my patience when it came to hunting down some meats for my Sprite to evolve in Venus' world while raising stats. It's the RNG that's really pissing me off right now. Looking for Thunders, then Hermits is a bit of a pain right now. I think I'll concentrate on getting the meats from Edo and evolving from what's there. Everyone's still vastly underpowered. Don't even know how I made it out of the dragon races... Not to mention that dying and resting at an inn doesn't get rid of status effects, so Kyle and Miri are still blind after an hour of play. Yay for practically everything but spells missing! And no Watcher meat either... If I see any of those stupid swords, I'm running. I might need to map out what I want to evolve my monster into. The DS version takes out most of the guesswork once you've filled out the Meat Dictionary, but you might need to fiddle around with paths for Special Mutations and Inheritance. Which is how I had a Red Bone with Cure when it normally wouldn't have it as part of its moveset.

Also, people are dumb.While poking at Twilightsucks.com's forums, I noticed that someone said that Twilight has invaded KH through weapon names. When I saw the names they were referring to, it was pretty obvious that they didn't do their research. Seriously, the names for the ones in question were the same in the Japanese version, and I just checked them against the wiki. The other weapons, when translated, were either accurate from the Japanese, or were phrased in a less Engrish-y way. There's also an underlying theme to the names. Saix's weapons ultimately refer to the moon. Roxas/Shion (since they share a weapon) refer to all sorts of things but most importantly, the concept of light and dark. Larxene... well, it specifically references a classic piece of music (whether or not it was intentional, I wouldn't know), as well as following the naming scheme of keeping everything FRENCH. And Riku's weapon, Way to the Dawn? Its name is significant to his character. He's pretty much coming out of the darkness, walking towards the light, hence "way to the dawn." Dawn is also the time when the sun is rising, driving away the dark night and ushering in the morning light. Are they really that blind?! AND I DON'T EVEN LIKE TWILIGHT, so it's not like I can defend it in the first place. (Never read the books, don't intend to, and just generally don't get the hype)

EDIT: Maybe I should put down the names...Roxas/Shion: Total Eclipse. Saix: New Moon, Twilight. Riku: Way to the Dawn. Larxene: Clair de Lune. TCG: Break of Dawn. The last one is actually kinda generic, so I'm not sure what the fuss is about. It also fits into the KH theme of light and dark. So... yeah, I don't see it. /edit

On a brighter note, I think I'm going to go ahead with pre-ordering Bayonetta once the funds finish transferring, and getting info on the pre-order bonus. I'd like to have "Rodin's Selection," considering how I missed out on Dante's Selection about 8 years ago. How typical of Kamiya~ And hope that my mom doesn't open the package once it arrives. It'd be interesting to see her reaction though...

No comments:

Post a Comment