9 Oct 2009

SaGa 2 finished!

Well, at least my first playthrough. The final boss took a grand total of 20 minutes to take down, something that I haven't done since MinSaGa. It was also harder because I used the Destiny Thread system... But I've never fought against Arsenal in the original before, so I don't know what the phases are like. All I know is that only my Human and Esper survived, and that's only because they had maxed stats and some protection against statuses. Holy hell, did everything hit hard. I don't even know what those Cancellers do, but I left them alone when I noticed that my team was taking in a little less damage. With the Excalibur in hand (which has inifinte uses), I just kept smacking Arsenal. I guess I know what I'm doing for the next while: Buffing up MANA stats like crazy because I'm pretty sure that the lasers use Mana in the damage calculations (hit little Meka insanely hard), and going through the Nasty Dungeon because damn it, I need a stronger monster. No god-tiered monster for me since the highest level monsters refused to drop any of their meat. It's apparently a 100% drop rate in the original, so...

Still haven't bothered with killing Odin in the original. Need to raise defenses, but I don't know a good leveling spot for that. May need to backtrack all the way back to Edo (one savestate there!) and just beat up stuff there. All you need to do is just use the corresponding equipment once in battle for it to register a chance of stat level up. Enemy stats approach ridiculous levels during end-game.

And the Bayonetta demo has been released. And it was awesome. I didn't care about the graphical issues, even though they were incredibly glaring (HUGE amount of tearing, didn't see too many framerate issues), because it was just fun! Anyways, some of my gameplay. Obviously, I suck at the game, but going in with DMC experience and after checking out Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 (word salad title much?), it was easier than expected. Had a little trouble against Jeanne because of camera angles and the dark environment, but that may have been because of the recorder's settings. If the NA version of the game's graphics end up as clean as the 360's version, I may have to get that as well. It would make recording anything a lot nicer due to the quality. And I think I know why I can't seem to pull off Torture Attacks that often. The gauge under the life bar needs to be completely full.




EDIT: OK, so I've heard that this build is from around E3? What's up with that? If it's true... then why didn't Sega release a demo that's more indicative of final product? It's just an insult to those looking forward to the game. Also faulting Platinum here because it somewhat reeks of laziness for not taking control of the PS3 version. I'm not buying a 360 to play a more complete version of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment