14 Dec 2009

Got the voices!

Poked at the demo again. Yep, you can finish it without fighting a single thing. Just run through the Ivory Peaks to Elysion. There are a few quests to undertake: Baulson, The Dreaming Rose, Athlum's Witch, Bravery and Loyalty. Mr. Diggs and A Day's Beginning have already been completed since those are mandatory. It's just really a primer to check out customization (Combat Broadsword +1 to Warrior's Broadsword +1, just how much stuff did he whack?!), combat and exploring dungeons/areas. Maybe even engage a few rares? The fact that you start at BR11 was slightly surprising to me after running through the full game (didn't pay that much attention when I first played the demo). I got there and I was barely BR2 or BR3. Maybe it's the recommended BR? When engaging in a battle, the morale bar is pretty much in the middle, so I guess it's the recommended BR...?

So, I've moved onto the 2nd half of the game. Don't think I'll be grinding anymore in the Wisdom's Echo sidequest anymore. It's just not viable at my current character BR, and I think there's a diminishing return for doing the quest too much too early. Next playthrough, which is going to be PURE soldiers (and recorded in English), I'm going to have to keep that in mind. The 4th run is going to be on Hard, or Ransatsu, mode with my favourite units (recorded in Japanese, and keeping BR stuck at 1 to keep morale at a disadvantage). So... TIME TO GRIND AGAINST DRAGONS! Namely, Bai Ze, who can be respawned through a certain quest regarding this one rather "interesting" character. Sheryl.


Dave still really deserves a hug after the game's events. And not the type that would crush him, a la Blocter. I really wonder how he can hold it together like that... Four to five years of being a Marquis, a bunch of different events, the stuff I posted in an earlier entry... Square-Enix, make a sequel for this? And try not to screw it up. This SaGa game deserves more than that. I also find myself shipping Rush/David. A LOT. It's kinda obvious, although I think the majority of the fandom ships David/Rush. ... I sometimes hate being stuck in the minority. Not much fanart for the pairings I like. I also really feel like sticking glasses onto David and pretend that he's Sigma. Both are voiced by Ono Daisuke, are pretty cute, and happen to experience a lot of death, so... Also voicing Snow, much to my surprise. Which reminds me, I'll probably be getting FFXIII in the mail this week! Joy!

Oh, and I managed to extract the voice clips from the game files. Problem is... most of them get cut off prematurely. If I could extract them as a single package without the offsets, maybe... After exams, maybe I'll also label them properly?

No comments:

Post a Comment