16 Dec 2009

Base fight time!

... DX

That was my basic expression when fighting those "DLC" monsters. Holy hell that was insane. Took me 38 turns to kill off everything. Using only soldiers there was just crazy. No unique arts to pull off from time to time. Limited to Weapon/Wield and Mystic Arts, while trying to spark more Item Arts for more efficient healing, and Weapon/Wield Arts at the same time to hopefully get a sudden advantage with criticals. And it was nice way to really see how big of a role Morale plays in the game. And that role is HUGE. Having morale in the red for the majority of the fight against that Remnant monster was not good. It's a good thing Rush and I were on the same page with the reinforcements after they came. "D< I've had about enough of this. LET'S WIPE 'EM OUT!" Lo and behold, Blackout popped up. Well, so did Whiteout, but that union is SLOW. Also doesn't help that Rush had 60 Speed to work with. I really think it came down to luck because I tried replicating the fight, but kept getting wiped out whenever Ala Melvilana Fusion decided that it was a good idea to use Run Amok III (sometimes even twice) then Hurricane III right afterwords. Stacking my unions didn't really help either. In fact, it made everything worse. Anyways, the next encounter's going to be tons of fun. Well, next playthrough, which I plan to start this week. Got a rather large number of equip drops from the fight, which is nice. I let the soldiers take what they wanted because the art modifiers were Power based (Mighty/Peerless). Weird thing is, the guy that took the Ancient Tataraichi doesn't have an Items Wanted list anymore. Great, it means that I don't have to look for materials to upgrade the weapon. The guy that took the Auld Highbrand though? Deacon is really dumb. Well, maybe more like the programming is really dumb. He's requesting materials for the Damascene Claymore, which isn't part of his upgrade path according to the LasuRemu wiki. Maybe it's a translation error? Info carried over from the 360 version, since the wiki's based on the PC version? So the Extra Missions that you can undertake are just plain insane. The amount of trouble I had against the Jhana Royals mission far exceeded the insanity of the Fourth Base from my first run. I realize that they're there for a challenge, but seriously? Now I really wonder about the Absolute Conqueror. I've already started triggering the rest of the quests that require talking to certain people a set number of times before they start moving. Jager, Loki, Nora and Rhagoh's quests are still up in the air because I forgot about recruiting them fairly early in the game, and the fact that I didn't have enough money after customizing some equips to ensure surviving the early game onslaught at a low BR. There's also Glenys' final quest, which doesn't open up until I reach Undelwalt and after the fight in the Holy Plain. I should be able to get Duke Ghor's quest and trigger a few red bubbles since I'm talking to EVERYONE after each Base fight. Also, it looks like some of the uniques have hit their stat caps. Not surprising considering how much time I spent grinding while looking for materials. I really only noticed that their stats weren't going up when I checked up on Rush's stats. Rush kept getting faster and stronger, but when I took a peek at the Athlum main force, not so much. HP and AP are improving, but at a very slow rate. Main stats and their unique parameters seem to have hit the cap, which is slightly higher than the 360 caps. They can exceed them once I start using them in battle, but that's not the point of this playthrough. Seriously, comparing Rush and David? Their stats, according to the JP360 wiki, are comparable. Dave is slightly faster, a bit sturdier and had better AP gain, but Rush beats him in maxAP and versatility (STR and INT when looking at the PC version). Both are balanced, unlike the other Generals who are more specialized. Even EMMY has higher strength than the boys at 100. Oh, interesting thing. The game's on sale for about $10USD on Steam right now. Jump Festa's in a few days. The SaGa team's currently free because they finished up with Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers (Production Studio 2, IIRC). So... New SaGa game? Sequel to LasuRemu?! One can hope/dream. There better be a PC version... I like fiddling around with settings after my initial playthrough. And I love SaGa right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment