17 Dec 2009

Moving along, moving along...

Woo, got Duke Ghor's quest to trigger! Finally did "Kate and Rhagoh," Jager's and Nora's are ready and I can do the "Hearts" quest now that the Darken Forest events are over. Guess it's also time to mop up The Fallen too, since that one locks after going to Undelwalt. I wonder if the entire army's strong enough to tackle everything at this point? Pretty sure that I'm going to need to start upgrading their equipment again. At least I still have Sheryl's quest open for smacking around Bai Ze. Going to level Nimble->Swift and Mighty->Peerless for them.

Turns out that some of my reserve units really have hit their stat caps. Their HP and AP looked inflated because of the accessories they had equipped, and that some of them had participated in a few fights earlier in the game. Pagus and Blocter were used for the mandatory fights while introducing the game's mechanics (not really...). Blocter jumped into the 3 fights during "The Standoff," which allowed for an extra union that normally wouldn't be available for control. Emmy hopped in for her quest, "The Fated One," and gained a point of Speed there.

The real highlight from this though? Other than finishing the Base Fights without too much of a problem. And accidentally Raidlocking Ludope so that I get clobbered with Galaxy (NTS: don't engage his union first turn). Rush FINALLY hit the Ninja class. So now I can "Rear Assault" unions like crazy! Cue jokes about rear assaul(ry. Would be even funnier if I did that with a candle, crossbow, or other sharp and pointy formation. It'll definitely come in handy for the larger enemies that can multi-deadlock. Prevents a direct encounter, but I also need to turn off some arts to make sure that Rush uses the rights ones, like Nimble Spring Squall III (at the moment). Should probably start planning the next playthrough (EN voices) and the one after (JP voices). Using purely soldiers means that I might have to forget about going low BR and abuse Wisdom's Echo and Bai Ze like no tomorrow. Definitely want to have Rush as a Ninja, and planning to have David as my Assassin. I'm dead serious about a marquis being an assassin. It also means that I should save up a ton of money for that. Dave's going to be using lots and lots of Shards. Oh, and recording the cutscenes in both languages. Found the LR commu on LJ, so maybe I can share that there. Better start giving that video card a work out!

Oh. Can't forget this little thing... I might end up with a physical copy of the game at some point in the near future. Can't really say how excited I am about it since I want the JP version but the shipping killed on all versions.

No comments:

Post a Comment