28 Feb 2010

Netbooks aren't meant for gaming!

Can I punch the idiot who's asking if LasuRemu will work on his netbook? Seriously... Speaking of which, I just got a netbook myself so I can type up my notes during class instead of writing them out. Kinda need to since my papers are getting a little on the messy side. Anyways... the requirements for LasuRemu aren't that demanding if you're just planning on running the game. If you want it to run very smoothly, then you'd need a lot more than the listed recommended specs. I have this feeling that I'm bottlenecking the GPU somehow, so I may need to look into that at some point. The resolution isn't really bothering me, so I'm good for now. Kinda pissed that Windows 7 Starter doesn't let me set my wallpaper, so currently stuck with this blank looking background. Bleh. A netbook just isn't strong enough to run the game anyways, so stop asking. By the way, it'll run on Windows 7. Or if you're crazy enough, just run it using the XP compatibility mode.


Progressed pretty quickly to the Aqueducts... Maybe a little too quickly? I haven't had the time to go looking for materials for those little soldiers. And... because of that, they're a little behind in their equipment. Well, not that it really matters because they're growing past their max (360) stats anyways. Still, they're taking a lot more damage than I had anticipated. Still, not that it really matters since all of them are quite capable to reviving, as long as I remember to let them revive. What I should do is never touch the "make the art unavailable" button and see what happens in my next run. But... that might screw over my Unique Leader run that I've been looking forward to doing all this time. Not to mention the recording at 1080p! I'm thinking about redoing the playthrough anyways, since the one that I recently did was really for testing purposes for the computer. Needless to say, it passed with flying colours. Still, recording at 1080p for the entire run is out of the question. Hard mode with the soldiers it is then! With no farming for components, and no need to show the grinding since that aspect of the game is boring to watch. And I'll throw in what the unique leaders are up to in the meantime.

So yeah... progressing quite well. Just cleaning up the side quests at the moment. Did all the ones concerning The Seven, so now I don't have to worry about recruiting them. Not that I'm going to end up using them anyways. They'll be needed for the Dragontail III formation, which grants a nice 200% ATK rating, for the next run, but it'd still be a while before they can even be used. The only ones that could be considered useful are Hinnah/Hannah (Shards, Twin Snowpetal), Ludope (Galaxy [Omni attribute, rarely seen], Arcana) and Milton (Wards, 10AP buff skill, and the fact that I don't have many people with Power Grip). Good thing I also have Cheat Engine installed to use the speed hack while traversing The Great Sand Sea, aka "the really, really, unnecessarily big obligatory desert stage."

I find the Grandhammer a rather amusing weapon to look at. It looks even too big for a yama to use properly~ Still, it's not a very good weapon considering the new PC stats. It's geared towards mystic users, but the ones that come with the weapon? Item users. Utterly useless for them, since their focus would be towards their item arts, or smacking the enemy with combat arts, which would favour higher ATK stats. Hm. Too bad it doesn't have an upgrade path that would lead to a better weapon path... Eh, whatever. They're mostly support units anyways. Good thing for my current run, I don't need certain skills to boost INT because it's absolutely pointless. Oh, and I'm definitely going to be struggling against a certain set of bosses. There's hardly any morale control since I'll only have access to the Traps users' Retreat/Rousing Flare and/or Pandora's Box, and there are only 3 of them. So much for morale... Might as well go all out with increasing my BR. At least the scaling isn't as bad as the 360 version... Or is it? It seems that the PC version monsters still hit a hell of a lot harder than the 360 version, and still longer to take down.

No comments:

Post a Comment