22 Feb 2010

Of hockey and Sovanis...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

Torgal's upgrade paths are pissing me off. They go from Power to Speed to Power then back to Speed, and that affects the modifiers on his arts. But if I give him the weapons, then he'd lose all the equipment EXP he would have gained thus far. Pretty sure there are others, but he's the only one I've looked at somewhat thoroughly. I've already decided to let him go the Combat route, along with Caedmon. Wyngale and Leucetius... Still not too sure. Probably both will go Mystic. Still just poking at the characters. I actually haven't started the run yet since I'm kinda just focusing on the no MA run. Started it, but I've only made it to Dillmoor, and currently camped there, experimenting with the trainer. I'm going to transfer the stats over when I actually start the run. Until then, they can stand around while the soldiers have vastly superior stats and inferior weapons.

Speaking of which... I'm still looking for a way to change the modifers on the end-stage Bluesteel customizations. I'm not sure how big the difference is between Mighty and Godly, but effects they have are tempting (Physical/Mystic Resist +5). Just don't want to train the arts that have been modified for speed suddenly changed towards power. Maybe I'll figure it out.

Also noticed that the game engine is incredibly stupid. You can trip flags, then roll back your BR, and the effects remain. What am I referring to? Recruiting the soldiers. By setting your BR to something ridiculously high, you can reveal all the soldiers that only appear based on BR (but the tiers are based on story progression). Then when you set it to 1, then disappear... but if you set it to a minimum BR, whatever effects that occurred from BR255 stay. So, by changing the BR each time before talking to the recruitment officer, you can force them to reach max stats AND have them reach maxed out arts! Too bad their weapons remain the same. Unfortunately, it also screws up their class if you were aiming for something. This is especially true for Herbs and Lotions users, because the Guardian/Scout/Hunter classes are all Rank 5 and have some shared requirements. The Scout class is especially annoying because the requirements are Rank 4, but it's a Rank 5 class. So, in other words, if you want Guardian, you HAVE to achieve combat significance, or not use items at all until reaching STR47. So then... what's the point of having IA if you're not going to use them?!

Then there's the formations I want to use for the unique leader run. Blizzard, Rattail, Whirlpool, Raiders' Fork, Pendulum, Hawk-Eye (only 4 units!), Batwings, Mystic Seal, Obelisk (?), and maybe Comet (if they can actually take damage).

Soldier formations? Uh... Let's not talk about that. There are hardly any formations they can use past the base. Still, since I probably won't be playing for a while, I can keep poking at formations a bit since I have no access to MAs.


Just making a note.
save01 - Fiery Gates.
save02 - White Conqueror.
save03 - Dead Heart, before using the Tablet.
save04 - Enlightened Seven.
save08 - Idols fight.
save09 - Demigod.
Archived: 22.Feb.10

Actually, there's another reason why I'm screaming. It's tied to my country and the Olympics. Go figure.

No comments:

Post a Comment