13 Feb 2010

E7 fights, go!

Yep. I got mauled by Ludope. The problem is that I kill off Snievan way too quickly leaving me against Milton, so it doesn't give me enough time to regroup. I also don't have the advantage of having a summon for a distraction, so no massive regrouping. May need to abuse Bewitch and set the Hex users as leaders. Cachexia isn't going to do any good against them, although it can stop Milton's massacre if he starts with an AP-based ability (like Mixed Message V). So that was attempts 1 through... I lost count.

My attempt on recording day, after going through about 2/3 of the Ancient Ruins, I beat them. Yay! Of course, it could also mean that I was vastly overpowe(ry. Like hell I was overpowered... Morale was still mostly red when I start the battle at BR71. I didn't take that many chances against Milton, so it took longer than necessary. Not to mention that he didn't abuse Iron Will III as many times as my previous encounter. When Ludope and Zuido entered the scene, the bar was all blue, so that helped with keeping the damage lower, although they still kinda died from excessive damage. Young was easy. Hinnah and Hannah weren't too bad, but take too long and they'll hit you with Twin Snowpetal fairly often. Kept a save around because a friend wants to see the fight. I don't have a save before I went into the Ancient Ruins to upgrade my equipment. Actually, I think I would have won at BR67 if I had remembered to turn on only Bewitch... Oh well. Wait. I think I still have a save at BR66. Hm...

Also bested The Fiery Gates. Wasn't too bad, but I decided to fight it multiple times, and noticed that the flow and outcome of the battle varied quite wildly. Some of them turned out OK, without too much effort required of bashing of my unions. One of them was spectacularly bad because I always had one union Enthralled, and managed to kill Mayfield's union so that the Gates could use Pandemonium on them. Oh, and the fact that no one could get the morale to anywhere near the middle. Spelled out to lots of pain my way...


Anyways, on the "game-related, but doesn't involve actual playing" front... I've decided to go through the ENTIRE SaGa series for their arts, characters, locations, etc. to see what was referenced in Last Remnant. Insane, probably won't ever finish, but it's something to do over the Reading Week other than, you know, read/study. And maybe learning how to play D&D. I can't believe that I've actually caved into playing with them... but now's a good time to explore one of the first commu-based RPGs. With my friends, no less.

No comments:

Post a Comment