6 Feb 2010

Curbstomping the Gates of Hell?

Well, the Gates of Hell isn't even a challenge anymore. What the hell. So, I'm currently past the 1st half of the game, and now have the option to create a full party. I've already hired everyone that I need (I think), so I think I'll get right onto training them. Really no need to component farm for now, since they'll just upgrade on their own. I'll probably start farming once I need to beat The Fallen.

Jager and the Lob Omen weren't too much trouble. Don't really remember how many unions fell, but I was able to keep the two away from each other. The Base fights weren't too bad, but it's a good thing I left Snievan for last. The Cyclops was a huge pain to deal with. So much that I had to restructure my unions to 4 just to survive the Gae Bolg [Berserk] blasts every other turn. And in return... having to run around healing all the damn time as well. Eh, whatever. It's over and done with. The unique leaders should have an easier time with this. I kinda want to start a fresh file just for kicks. Anyways, need to grind and possibly component farm a bit because The Fallen can kill everyone in 2 turns. Ugh... BR's already kinda high and they're not quite good enough to grind against Bai Ze for some reason. Will probably have to re-evaluate my tactics against it if I want to get those Peerless and Swift arts ready for smacking around. AP is also a little on the low side... Somewhat annoying for the larger unions. Not so much for the Item Arts union, since most of the damage is from throwing around Frost Tinctures, Flame Bottles and Cyclone Creams. The Land Mines and Explosives aren't dealing that much damage yet. Still no components for Rousing Flare, so I guess Retreat Flare is all I have to work with at the moment. The only other place I can grind right now would be in Aveclyff. I have the option of going against a huge number of Landworms, or smack around those dragons. No items will be used, or else they're going to die too quickly. Hm...


Hm. So Irina says "やった!" when she wants something, and says "えぇ。。。しかったないと。" Or at least that's what I heard. It's a good thing that they have to be in the active party if they want to request equips that weren't dropped or were dropped when they didn't participate.

This is interesting... We'll see what happens from here. Hopefully it's true, because I know that I'll definitely get it for the PS3 even though I already own it for the PC (thanks Tommy!). I'm holding out for a sequel/prequel as well. There are still things that could be wrapped up, and ラシュダヴィ. Want/need more ラシュダヴィ! It's just so blatantly obvious.

The other interesting thing... Square-Enix and 5 unannounced games, of which 2 will come out this year. One of them better be a SaGa game... And there's supposed to be Versus XIII info this month too.

No comments:

Post a Comment