23 Oct 2010

That just shows you how much you suck

How to beat Demon's Souls in under an hour. Exactly what it says on the tin. Watch, and feel absolutely inadequate as a gamer. I never knew some of the shortcuts this guy took, so I think I'm going to look into a bunch of them, especially for NG+. It's going to take a lot of practice to get the dodge timings right against the Penetrator, that's for sure. He's going to stab you with that long, long sword. ... I need to get off TVTropes.

Speaking of which, I completely forgot about Atlus celebrating Demon's Souls' success by doing the server thing again. Hm. Maybe I should try my luck against the Pure Black Black Phantom Miralda? Haven't dealt with her yet. Got the Pure White thing, so that's all good. I should probably finish it already, but I also want to restart with a new character. Don't really quite remember what I did, but I do know that I haven't gotten past 5-2, the level that everyone loves to hate. It's just that I haven't played in so long. I think I last touched it in February, for the Valentine's Day switch (voted black), in which I died against BP Miralda pretty quickly.


So the game came in. Haven't touched it yet aside from reading the manual. Been playing the JP version, trying to finish up some of the stuff. Well, mostly unlocking everyone because I want everyone open for when a friend comes over for a little co-op. I have about 2 weeks to do that. Already started Keiji's path, so that should be enough to unlock Oichi (already have Kotaro at 90% completion). She's pretty overpowered, so getting to Nobunaga should be a breeze~ Then I'll use Mitsunari (on Extreme) to get 2 trophies at once; the "only use normal attacks" and "use only the default weapon with no accessories on Extreme" ones. His default weapon is already at ATK232, which is pretty close to max. Should probably continue with the fugitive hunting with him and Yoshihiro, since I'm also doing the "kill less than 100" trophy. They'll need the ATK and DEF boosts. Still missing 3 stages, and I know exactly which ones those are. Looks like I'll be going with the Blue route using Keiji to get Sekigahara - Strongest, and the other 2 are Honnoji related. Should probably get moving on that. But first, I need to figure out how to keep the NA version from changing the SB3 trophy icon to the SB:SH one. I really don't like the logo as the "Sengoku" part looks so obviously out of place. Maybe I'll just play it on my NA account...? It would work since it shares the trophy set, and then I can retain the SB3 icon during trophy comparisons in my main account!

No comments:

Post a Comment