12 Oct 2010

Art book, art book!

ククク。。。 The SB3 Official Complete Works is up for pre-order on YesAsia. Added! Once a certain book becomes available again, I guess I'll place the order. Ah, screw it. Placed it anyways since it's going to take forever for it to be restocked and waiting for the SB3 script book at the same time. Not to mention that the coupon that I got will most likely expire by the time it's back in stock. Found it on another site I frequent, so I ordered it along with the SB3 script. It'll be interesting going through those books and finding out all those trigger conditions! Wonder which ones were left on the cutting room floor? I know that Matsunaga Hisahide (I want him playable!) had PC lines. He might have been planned as playable at some point...! The SB3 one looks like it's going to be pretty thick. Think it was listed as about 650 pages long? Still, it'll be interesting.

Noticed from the very limited art I've seen from Tsuchibayashi (don't make me pronounce that, I'll butcher it), Ieyasu isn't as stocky as the CG model. Can't really say much about Mitsunari's since there's really only 1 illustration I've seen and it's really tiny. I don't think that his head is really that weirdly shaped...? The CG has become a lot more stylized, but one thing has remained constant: Masamune's eye is slit. It's a little hard to see, but it's there. Not as prevalent in the anime.

Speaking of the anime, I wonder when people would take note that it's not canon? It's actually really hard to say what's canon in the BASARA-verse, but there are certain things that carry over from game to game. Motochika and Ieyasu's friendship carried over, for one. The Masa-Yuki rivalry was there from day 1, as was the Shingen-Kenshin one. Keiji-Hideyoshi backstory definitely carried over from 2H to 3, as evidenced in his Purple route. Probably other stuff too, since I haven't exactly played the first 3 games in a while. Not sure if I really want to count Battle Heroes since I can't even play that for more than 15 minutes. I'll just have to look up the script translations and look through the script book once I get it.


Oh, and before I even get the game, someone's been kind enough to do a livestream of it. Everything looks to be intact... I think. There are differences in the translation, voices don't bug me as badly as I thought, and really? It could have been a whole lot worse. There are still mistakes within the text, but it's mostly readable. Still, it's SenBASA's second chance, and Capcom's already screwed up. Once I get my copy, I'll probably start nitpicking the living hell out of the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment