27 Oct 2010

That definitely sucks

The SB:SH icon will overwrite the SB3 icon when you first load up the game, since the first thing it does is check and install the trophy data. So even if you've earned trophies in the JP version, it'll still overwrite it with the EN icon. The names will remain in the language you installed it in. Looks like I know which account I'll be playing SB:SH on. Not even installing the EN trophies then starting up the JP version will work. The reason why I want the SB3 icon is because I want to keep in line with my history of playing the imports. Plus, the "Sengoku" part in the EN version looks horrendous. It really doesn't fit with the font used in the "BASARA" part.

Oh, and I finally started a savefile with actual progress in it. Well, I don't know if you can call a file with only Masamune levelled to 20 as "progress." Anyways, noting the skill name changes.

DEATH FANG/DEATH BITE - Dragon Slash
JET-X/X-BOLT - X-Strike
MAGNUM STEP/MAGNUM STRIKE - Revolver Blitz
CRAZY STORM/CRAZY STREAM - Azure Storm
HELL DRAGON - Dragon's Eye
WAR DANCE - Six Claws
TESTAMENT - Zero Point

Yes, Masamune's moves are all in caps. He's cool enough for it. Unfortunately, I don't know if there's a name change for when he goes into 六爪流 in the EN version. The JP version probably has it listed in an official guide, and I remember seeing the upgraded versions in a magazine scan a few weeks after the game was announced. I still want PHANTOM DIVE back. It was hilariously fun to use when combined with HELL DRAGON. The natural progression for the next instalment should be allowing us to map whatever moves we want to any button sequence we want, save for the Special Skill. That I can live with, provided that the Special Skills are worth wasting a slot on. Maybe. I did like having both WAR DANCE and HELL DRAGON for use at once without having to waste an accessory slot on his PI.

There should be more name changes, but I think I'll unlock more stages first. I don't think I can play Satake's stage that many times in a row... Going through Kanbei-san's route of hilarious despair. Wonder what "なせじゃっーーー!!" was translated to?

No comments:

Post a Comment