4 Apr 2010

Exam period and requests.

So, I basically said "Screw it" and played some LasuRemu. Sad thing is, I wasn't even playing my saves. I helped someone get past the Nest of Eagles at BR40. I was never that high in any of my runs, but I always had better stats and better weapons. It was a little jarring to say the least when I loaded it up just to see a bunch of underleveled units. Stats and Abilities. It almost made me want to say "Just restart." Still, got through it just fine. Purposely tried to abuse David's Gae Bolg spam, but that didn't really work out at all. He only used it when the battle was almost over, and only managed to kill off Roeas and the remaining mooks. Castenea did not prove to be a problem at all, which was a plus. At least the person requesting help finally said thanks. Three days later. Anyways, I did another person's request, which was to get past the Nest of Eagles from the beginning of the game. Was supposed to be a reconstruction of the person's file, but he didn't give me anything to go on, so I played the way I would normally play if I were just starting out. Which leads me to this: WHY THE HELL IS DAVID'S UNION ALWAYS DYING?! HIS UNION ISN'T EVEN LACKING IN HP! IT'S LIKE HE HAS THIS INTRINSIC FACTOR THAT BASICALLY SAYS "HIT ME DAMN IT." *sigh* Final stats? Rush has Swift Devil's Due V. He's a freakin' powerhouse with that, along with decent Mystic Arts and Item Arts. He's really lacking in Remedies this time around, but only because I wasn't bothering with too much training. Managed to get enough people that can revive other unions. Stuck Emmy and Dave in the same union since Dave can revive while Emmy can do massive healing. I've already upgraded their weapons almost as far as I can get them, so this guy is going to be fairly well off. Only problem is? I didn't minimize BR. Then again, this is Normal mode we're talking about, and I've already minimized it in terms of how many necessary encounters while gathering materials. Well, I think it was worth the effort. The user said thanks the day I posted the save, so it's all good. I can't believe that I managed to almost perfectly mimic the guy's progress. Maybe even better than his original too with BR and equipment. Turns out the guy was gathering all the unique leaders, so that was an interesting point he made. Playing at x3.0 speed was pretty interesting too.



OK, I lied. I did play my own file. Got past the half-way point. Also did a little number crunching. Turns out that the +9 modifier gives a 30% truncated boost to equipment. That's a sizable stat boost... Still not enough to save the Nightbloom's horrific DEF and MDEF values, but it's not like I'm using Rush as a tank in the first place. It took forever for Faye to take the Shielding Hawkwind and Might Splitter, and even longer before she decided to request the Black Belt. The Base fights are up next, and everyone's getting their equips upgraded now. I'm still not actively looking for their components. Interesting thing: Faye didn't ask about her equipment focus. She's gone Combat, but with the Shielding Hawkwind in her main hand. It technically should be the Might Splitter, but it doesn't really matter. I doubt that the [Combat Arts]+5 would stack between the 2 weapons. So now she's just training up the One-Handed wield style for Hawkarang, which I should have been doing from the start. Now she's pretty far behind, but managed to get Triple Axel. I probably should start abusing Bai Ze soon for training all of their combat arts. Hired 2 soldiers with Remedies and a wield style learned, in case I really need someone to take care of some healing.

I should just hurry along with the file. Want to really start the unique run already... But I also want to make sure that I start gathering some data about the soldiers' weapons too. Their upgrade paths are somewhat different from the 360 version, and can result in a weapon capable of a weapon art. That's my reasoning to deal with the it. Sure, no one uses them, but it only helps with fleshing out the wiki. Already got that upgrading Faye's Combat Tomahawk to the Baalukian requires Iron Orex3, Spider Silkx1 and Natural Oilx1.

No comments:

Post a Comment