28 Mar 2010

Go multimedia here with my fandoms?

I wonder if I should just include other fandom stuff here. You know, manga and anime instead of just limiting it to games? I find myself watching and reading it a lot more lately, simply because I haven't had much access to my games by my own volition, even though I'm using my monitor at the moment. Just that the computer's not on. I still need to figure out a better way to record from my consoles. That TV tuner card isn't going to cut it and it's an ATI card. I have an nVidia card, so go figure. I just don't feel like clogging up my LJ with that kind of stuff anymore since I tend to write about RL things and use it to watch any fandom related things. Which reminds me, I need to join the Kuroshitsuji communities. And find something for the costume already. I now know that Sebastian's vest is purple according to the manga's character guide. So that's what I'll go with.



And I'm still helping out on the boards. Maybe I shouldn't help out while doing my papers? I'm almost finished my part, but I still need to write up another 2-5 pages for the other. Still, the question I'm answering isn't too bad. It definitely reminds me of when I started the game. I had, and probably still do, have a rather strong dislike of using Item Arts. It'll probably change once I get full access to Shards. I've never used Shards extensively before, so maybe my opinion will change then.Still, no LasuRemu for me until after some of the exams blow over.

Played a little FFXIII before heading to bed because I just wasn't feeling tired at all. The fact that I woke up at 11.30 is a moot point because that's what I always do on Sundays. Grinded some more, pretty much finished Hope, Lightning and Fang's primary roles. I think I'm almost done with the other 3, so just starting on their secondaries. Kept a save before heading into Chapter 12, in case I need to deal with more grinding. I'm only grinding because I can't read JP that quickly, so that slows down my command entry by quite a bit. Not to mention that the JP and EN names are different, so it's somewhat easy to mix up at times, or trying to find the command, but it's not there. It's going a bit smoother now, although I can't seem to remember how I beat the Ochu and Pikochus.

One funny thing... I've managed to get one person to like Hope a lot more! He was annoying at the beginning because of all of his whining, but when you look at things from his perspective, it becomes a little more understandable. But from a gameplay perspective, he's awesome, if you can stand the fact that he's THE most fragile mage. Ever. Good thing he can buff himself before letting loose a whole lot of pain. Got him started on the Jammer role so that he can help out with debuffing the enemy. While Fang does a good job, her best role is Attacker and her magic stat is easily one of the worst. Yeah, my team includes the 2 extremes and the most balanced character. Go me.

Also, I'm still a little annoyed that the 480i/480p output is so bad. I remember hooking it up to the (really old) bigger TV, and it looked horrible compared to my small monitor. I could hardly see the text! So I'm refraining from using that TV to play games. It probably needs to be replaced at some point. There's a few caption boxes burned into it... Two lines worth. It's really bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment