7 Apr 2010

I need a new SaGa game to play.

Six Bases and Koenigsdorf are done! None of them were that much of a problem at BR39~45. I think there's no way around gaining almost 1BR per base. I think I gained 2BR during a quest, but I don't remember which one it was. Well, either way, I haven't been upgrading their equipment, but decided to give Faye the Shielding Hawkwind and Might Splitter. It turns out that the generics don't ask about their equipment focuses, so I really don't know how the game decides what route they take. Maybe it's through their actions? I know that the JP guide has a little chart explaining that if you give them a certain focus but act against it, then they would start moving towards that focus instead. Like this: You tell them Mystic, but spend time either A) being an idiot by acting in Balance, B) focusing on hammering them with Combat Arts/weapons or C) actually doing what you're told. For ~10 battles. That's apparently all it takes for the focus switch to take place. So A) would lead to a more balanced Mystic type (could be bad), B) would just confuse them into becoming a Combat-based unit (REALLY bad), while C) is probably the intended path (self-explanatory). Now, that's only the 1st talk. The second talk can even further complicate things, but that's the idea. Not sure how badly it affects the PC version though. I'm pretty sure that a lot of the Common/Generic Leaders alter their focus depending on what they do, which isn't all that hard since they never seem to ask. It's just damn near impossible to alter it easily. Faye going Mystic when she has no MAs to speak of? Yeah, that'll go over well. She'll still be dual-wielding though. Of course, this can be bypassed if the unions are organized properly.

Actually, I've also made it past the Darken Forest events. Yay for seeing many of my units fall victim to the Enthralled status. Funny enough, they managed to kill a few of my unions. Not so fun, especially knowing that one of them could quite possibly use an AoE attack. Singleton's Snowfall immediately comes to mind. Now, the next order of business is to beat The Fallen. I really don't think I'll be able to kill it within 10 turns. I lasted 6 turns, but didn't get anywhere near the damage I needed to deal by then. I was short by at least 200K. It also kept blocking a good deal of Item Arts directed against it. It also killed Wyngale pretty early in the fight (2 turns, it's a record!). BR50, as a note. It's possible to kill much earlier, but we're talking about a bunch of ragtag soldiers here. With no MAs to speak of. Quite literally the bulk of the damage being dealt is from bombs, traps and weird mystic combinations of items. And all of them can be blocked quite easily at BR50. For the time being, I guess I can beat the everlasting crap out of Bai Ze for arts training. Doubt that I'll get anywhere fast with stats until the Frosthold FortressAncient Ruins open up, which requires me to beat the Fallen in the first place. I completely forgot about Duke Ghor's quest, but I don't really care at this point. With a trainer, I can change the BR accordingly with a new file to take on simultaneous runs.


So I also decided to visit the 360 boards... And what's this about hitting themselves with Arcana? Sounds rather amusing, and even more reason for me to try the 360 version. I want to see all those glitches and bugs with my own eyes! I already knew about fussy Torgal, but I didn't know that it was that bad. The Leraje Princeps bug was already pretty bad in my book (stops him from upgrading for a VERY long time or until you give him something better), but being stuck with both the Halphas and Gremory Dominus customizations when you tell him to go all Combat? That's really bad. Hawkarang hits for considerably more damage than Cerulean Rain due to their damage modifiers. And going by the 360 weapon stats, there's really no reason to not go for the Halphas Dominus. Overall, the stats are better. Doesn't really matter as much on the PC, since you'd be focusing on the WA more, which still leads to the Halphas Dominus. The only reason you'd go for the Gremory Dominus is to get Cerulean Rain and because of the higher MYS stat. But knowing Torgal, going mystic isn't the best choice. It feels kinda sad that the 360 board is more active than the PC board.

Also decided to grab a little something off the net, but much to my surprise, there was really nothing there. I couldn't even find any of the game's internal data. There was an empty folder for audio and the video. No textures, no voice clips, nothing. Must be the way they organized the data because the PC discs are vastly different. To the point that the disc sizes are insanely different. Maybe there's something on the 2nd disc. I want to see if I can replace the critical files from the PC version with the 360 ones. It's too much of a pain to try altering the PC files to emulate what the 360 is like. Not to mention they changed the scaling so that it doesn't hit you as hard. Unless you're playing Hard Mode.

Note: Celeron D 356 (3.33GHz), LGA775, 9400GT 512MB, 512MB RAM.

No comments:

Post a Comment