2 Mar 2014

SaGa, and other things

Well, the teaser from not too long ago was been revealed to be a Romancing SaGa event of sorts. Learned something new too: there's a prefecture called Saga there, which is the location of a sort of collaboration between the two. Needless to say, no one (that I've seen so far from the English-speaking community) is actually happy about this. I'm intrigued though since the actual 25th anniversary isn't until some time in December. Not sure if the whole anniversary thing is going to focus on the entire series as a whole or if it's going to focus on the Romancing SaGa sub-series. Either way, it'll be interesting to see what happens. Doubt they're going to put out another soundtrack collection (and I don't think I'd buy it since I already have the 20th Anniversary edition).

Been keeping an eye out for inFAMOUS Second Son news every now and then, so I think I'm mostly up-to-date on that front. What I didn't realize was that the SRP is now $10 higher than I anticipated. Kinda makes me wish that I had pre-ordered it on Amazon instead of at a local store, but I'm not sure about getting the pre-order bonuses from them. That, and I normally don't pre-order games that far in advance... Oh well.

One of the things that's starting to concern me is the graphics, funny enough. It's not that it's not a pretty game (it is!), but that there are some very glaring differences between the different builds we've seen so far. And shadows. Delsin doesn't seem to be casting a shadow from all light sources (self-shadowing is present, which is good). It's likely that there was some sort of performance hit somewhere along the line that resulted in some of the changes. Possible that there were just "too many" light sources for it to be feasible. Trade-offs and whatnot. Or maybe the E3 build, which was definitely one of the prettier builds (at least in terms of texturing), is what we're to expect. Or maybe it just won't be that noticeable in the long run because the screens we'll be playing on wouldn't be exposing all those flaws in the first place. I know that I wouldn't be able to pick out some really minor details if I tried with my current setup (and the current pair of glasses I'm wearing, but it's mostly the distance from the screen).

Speaking of different builds... New gameplay vids have come out, although in Russian. Can't understand a single word~ Looking pretty fun, and the reflections are looking great. Getting a bit of rain while looking up is a nice touch. The UI is pretty ugly, although the first games weren't really that notable either. So nothing new in that regard. Feels kinda weird seeing the energy bar on the bottom left though. But damn. The mini-map? I LOVE IT. Not only does it show your location, but also the cityscape based on the camera's direction! It's a really nice touch. For the gameplay, great to see that when using Precision mode with Neon, you can see a red highlight for an execution (headshot) and a blue highlight (leg) for a non-lethal takedown. Shoot that area while using Precision, and you have your result.


Thief reviews have come in. It's interesting to see the split so far. To be honest, the split was pretty much expected.

No comments:

Post a Comment