5 Mar 2014

DRAGON BOOST

Yep. Got 戦国BASARA4 in about a week ago. Still haven't unlocked everything, which is a bit of a shock, to be honest. Then again, I didn't expect some of the changes to the game that would make it a little bit more difficult. Normally, Hard would be relatively easy for most characters starting from Lv1 (Kenshin is arguably the most broken character in the series, even if he's cherry-tapping all the way). About 12 more stages need to be unlocked, although I think I've gotten most of the weirder stages for now. Don't really care about the Matabei invasion stages since it's really just an extra boss fight on top of what's already in that stage. Unfortunately, I read that there are more than 42 stages involved with the "beat all stages" trophy. So I think I'll need to track down all the "outbreak" stages, which are likely going to be the duels missing. Don't remember which ones I've already done...

It was nice of them to not make Kojuurou an NPC again for the main installment (he's graduated!). Don't really want to wait another year before the expansion inevitably comes out to play as him. And it turns out that "Bontenmaru" line was part of a flashback. The story was actually kinda cute. Little Masamune was such a little brat~ Too bad about only having 1 ending though. Want Yoshiteru playable. He seems pretty interesting, and should be as broken as possible considering the kind of hell he can give you during his fight. Although that might be because of trying to take him on without too many upgrades to my weapons and not really knowing how to use Hideyoshi (lol, I can't do chain grabs to save my life).

Should slowly get through the rest of the characters. It'll be interesting to see who kills who, who doesn't kill certain characters, etc. In other words, waiting on the announcement of the script book because I'm very sure that I won't trigger every possible convo. Some had rather strict conditions before they popped.




By the way, Masamune? Spinning your katana like that doesn't give you flight. You're not flying a jet-horse. And I think that's cheating when you're trying to do a race. Love the fact that Kojuurou just stands there with a straight face when Masamune takes off like that. Then again, he does that a lot.

Another thing I noticed... I didn't see Tsuchibayashi's name for character designer. Maybe I missed it, but pretty sure that it's not there. His personal site doesn't even list 3 Utage, so maybe there's a change to a different designer from now on...?

ETA: Ah, that's why. Since SB4 is considered a parallel universe (amongst all the other parallels), they're going with something new. Kinda also explains why they're a little bit on the scrawny side. Production IG's characters tend to be rather slim. Looks like SB's got some sort of multiverse thing going since there are a few constants here and there, and some variation elsewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment