14 Jan 2011

Nom nom nom

I've been devouring souls lately... Restarted my game (again) and actually finished it! Admittedly, I had help through the PWWT event, but at least it's done! And now I'm suffering through NG+, which isn't as bad as I thought. I initially complained because I lost a large number of souls early on and the fact that my Crescent Falchion +5 wasn't quite cutting it anymore. Until I started abusing the Clever Rat's Ring to boost my attack, then switched over to the Crescent Uchigatana +5. It was unusually easy to upgrade that weapon, and I'm not sure what else I should make. There are still a bunch of upgrade paths that I need to complete for trophies.

Phalanx went down really quickly, though I did play around with it while blasting it with Soul Ray. Tower Knight gave me a little trouble because I couldn't lock-on to its head about half the time. Ended up rescuing Biorr for the Penetrator. Couldn't take it down fast enough alone... Can get him to about the halfway point before getting overwhelmed because I generally hate going around in circles just to kill something. Haven't gone against Allant because doing so would place my status as endgame. Not something that I want to do just yet since it would block off talking to the Maiden in Black for gaining Soul Levels. Stonefang went down really quickly. Didn't take too many arrows against the Armor Spider, though I did end up getting hit a few times. Took off about half my HP while in Soul Form. The Flamelurker was a funny little fight. I actually managed to get it stuck in a loop for a bit, then got a little too trigger happy and got it unstuck. Died in a swipe. Since I didn't exactly want to melee against it, I decided to poison it from behind. Sure it took forever, but it was the safest way to do things. My build probably sucks for PvE. Dragon God died in one go. For once. Tower of Latria wasn't too bad either. Didn't have the Anti-Magic Field when I went through the first 2 areas, but didn't need them for the most part since Poison Cloud worked just fine against everything there. Decided to spam it for the third section to go "Happy Squid Head Stabby Time!" against the BPs there. Played against the Old Monk offline since I don't like dealing with PvP. Shrine of Storms went by OK... Had some difficulty against the Adjudicator since I couldn't quite remember how I dealt with it the first time around. Ended up jumping down to melee the damn thing since I couldn't shoot it from above or below. The Old Hero was easy while sniping, but getting there was the hard part. What was it again...? It was the opposite of the Kirby Type boss run. The Storm King was pretty fun. A little aggravating because I couldn't find the little nook for hiding against its assaults. Ended up using my Sticky Composite Bow +5 to kill off those Storm Beasts. The sword was too weak(?!) and took too long to swing. Also, I suck at using large swords. Only thing left? Valley of Defilement. Keep dying at certain parts, so it'll take a little while before I'll get through it. Will probably need to tag along a weapon that could be enchanted with fire damage... or using that Lava Bow or tagging along an obscene number of Fire Arrows. Good thing my DEX is 40... But the biggest problem is that I'm going to need a weapon that scales with my DEX and can also be enchanted for higher rank runs.

While online, ended up meeting a few players. Many were quite nice, while one was rather... annoying. He kept summoning me in 4-2, to the point that I was quite happy to see someone else summon me. I don't like summoning others, mostly because I don't want to be invaded and that I'm not exactly the most careful player around. At least my ranking's been improving quite a bit. Got a bunch of S ranks through helping others get through the final parts of World 1 (Penetrator and Allant). While helping out, managed to kill at least 1 BP, which helps in shifting my CT back towards white. Had it Pure Black to deal with a sidequest to get the Talisman of Beasts. It's pretty amusing to kill Ariona/Ostrava in a second with Poison Cloud, stopping him from suicide. Or was it assisted suicide? I'll never know... but at least he's alive this cycle so that I can listen to his little bit before he kills himself.


Anyways, also got in some SenBASA while I was at it. Finished Mitsunari's Grey route (100%!) while having only the most basic weapon equipped. It was pretty interesting testing out some of his properties. Turns out that he can do quite a bit of damage while using his delay. Found that it was easier taking out bases using the delay property than using a bunch of his skills. Seems like he requires a little zoning as well, though not as much as Oichi. In the meantime, also started up Motochika's, and hopefully I'll get through it soon. All of the allies he can recruit are very straightforward to get; just playing the route is enough.

And for a little added fun, restarted Last Remnant. Well, more like restarted the Athlum-only runs because I don't quite remember what I was doing. Added a little extra to the Normal mode run; fresh Athlum-only. Ransatsu gets the bonus of NG+ goodies, though it won't do any good anyways. Along the way, I'm going to have to gather rare monster HP values since quite a few of them are still missing.

No comments:

Post a Comment