22 Jan 2011

Well then.

I might end up with an X360 at some point, if only to play around with programming. Might as well pick Last Remnant on that system since I'm still poking at various things and would like to compile an accurate max stats chart. Along the way, noticed that the weapon strengthening is different between the versions, with the X360 getting better boosts. Well, depends since some of the weapons have much higher stats on the X360 but are more balanced on the PC. Then there's also the units themselves since stats are also part of the damage output equation. There are a few things I want to test such as the style change thing. The PC version does have class restrictions when it comes to style change within battle, so I want to see if it's not present in the X360 version. Just to satisfy my curiosity.

Since I restarted the game on both modes, looks like I'll be rare hunting like crazy again. Need to compile a rather large list of HP values for graphs, and to maybe fix the layout over at the wiki... I want help damn it! There's about 260 rares, and I'll be going at both modes. That's a lot of rares to poke at! Still, there's info to gather.

In terms of progress, not much has been made. Both modes are past Namul Niram, but the Ransatsu run is around the Nest of Eagles part and is thus further along. Need to go to Athlum Castle for the scene, but I still haven't done Emma's quest. The recruits I have are doing OK, but it could be a lot better. Oakes still hasn't learned Vivification Herb and that's worrying me. What's even more worrying is the lack of units on hand... Haven't gone back to the Numor Mines to kill the necessary Quien for Vega, don't have Union of the Golden Chalice Rank 1 for someone else, etc. I should probably get moving on that since I'll need the team completely outfitted and ready for that fight. Will keep Emma around for a little while longer as a crutch, just in case. For the Normal run, it's not as bad. Everything is proceeding smoothly, but I do need to upgrade the mystic units' equips soon since they need to be able to defend themselves with CAs. Perneth is fine since most of the enemies will be in unions and Hexes hit unions pretty hard. Think that's about it for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment