26 Jan 2011

Herbs...!

Well, managed to get past Bravery and Loyalty on Ransatsu... Wanted to re-do the fight once to make sure that everyone survived the fight, which they did. First attempt ended with my mystic union (Perneth leading) dead... Good thing they can deal almost 7K between the 2 unions, though dealing that much for only 10 units is a little low. Doesn't help that they haven't exactly upgraded their equips, though that's mostly my fault for not keeping up. Still, not exactly sure what level I sure aim for since if their damage output is too high, then they won't get the necessary arts EXP. If the weapon stats are too low, they won't survive anything. Also doesn't help knowing that they haven't exactly improved for the past 4 BRs. Will likely have to use the Wisdom's Echo quest to get them up to speed with Liza. She starts at BR31 and comes with a pretty nice weapon. But first, I should probably get Oakes to learn Vivification Herb then beat the Dominator for recruiting Ripley for a second Bard. Will definitely aim to turn Jodo into a Bard. Maybe I'll also run into a few new rares along the way? It's definitely going to take a while before I can get everything to spawn.

Up to BR5 now, mostly due to getting a Chain50 for hiring Hematea. He's worth hiring due to having Invo/Hex (more flexible to work with), but he's not exactly spectacular for the amount of effort you need to spend just to get him. He practically needs an Enchanted Glaive, but I don't know if I can get him Mystic focused enough for it. So far, the mystic union is still asking for Balance accessories, so that's a little worrying. Maybe... Haven't exactly fought 10 battles before entering a town to change their focuses. I'll see soon enough with Marty though. There's a pretty good chance that I can get the Combat union completely focused. But first, Vivification Herb then Dominator. All while Emma's still in the party.

Got a pretty good idea of what endgame will look like, especially in terms of union numbers. Most likely end with 4 unions instead of the usual 5 because of the lack of status control. I'll probably stick Jodo in the mystic union since Ripley with the Might Javelin would be much better off in a combat union. The problem now is what kind of mystic union I should have. There's no way to use Animalcule (only 2 Hex units), Whiteout is pushing it (only 4 Invo/Evo units) and Blackout is a generally safe option. Fatal Eclipse is a possibility, but that unit comes so late in the game that I'm not entirely sure if it would be worth the trouble to use her as a Psi leader. I'll probably just spark it for the sake of completeness. Oh, noticed that I can get Crimson Flare too! Maybe I'll try for this type of run as well. Only managed to do it a few times with the uniques and it's impossible with the soldiers because there aren't any with Psi.


Normal mode is on hold for the time being. Trying to kill that Steamroller in the Mines with everyone alive before moving on to the other things I should be doing, like recruiting more people. Funny thing about all the attempts? The Steamroller kept picking on David. Probably because the game recognizes that he has the lowest defense out of everyone...? Thought that Emma would be targeted, but I guess not.


More later. Once I get some time to play. Should be able to get some in on Friday and Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment