11 Dec 2010

Hm. Another book.

I should probably pick up the Tactics Ogre guide at some point since I want to check out the in-game achievements. Someone already posted them on the boards, but I also like collecting books. It should also help with doing a perfect run, and I don't always like using the net for looking things up.

So that's what I've been playing lately. Haven't really touched SenBASA in a while, but that'll change once exams are done (and maybe after I stop hurting my elbow from archery...). Still have to co-op with a friend after all! And maybe with a certain group of friends, since that's really the only multiplayer game I have. I just hope it doesn't involve keeping me awake until 4am just to see the consequences again.

Anyways. Tactics Ogre. I'm actually getting close to finishing it for both versions. Went Law with the PSP version because of the new W.O.R.L.D. system (trying to recruit Deigo at the moment), and went Chaos all the way for the PS1 version. I do have saves at critical decision points for the PS1 version since everything has to be done in that playthrough. Pretty sure that I messed up when it comes to recruiting new story units, but eh. Just playing through it for the sake of playing through it. The only thing that I bothered checking up on was the levelling system and the classes. Plus, I cheated a little with the levelling by letting them get a level up every time they hit another unit. It's the same as letting them throw rocks at each other for hours on end, only a lot faster. I also don't think I can rotate the map since it's not in full 3D. Makes seeing where they should go a little harder than necessary, but at least the cursor changes colour if the unit can move to that space. The story's kinda not clicking at the moment, probably because of the translation being not so great. There were a few grammatical mistakes, but no spelling mistakes as far as I can tell. The text also bothers me because it looks like it's the JP wide-width lettering.


Since the winter break is coming up, I guess I should finish up with summarizing the Last Remnant guide, however incomplete it may be. And maybe get a playthrough or two in. I have about a month. Maybe. Gotta keep up with the archery! I want to shoot against the coaches!

SB3 script should be coming in soon... Just got the SB2H one, along with the SBX guide. Love the anime style used in X. Too bad X came out after 2H. Also, ordered another copy of Grimoire NieR for scanning purposes. Seems the webmaster at Dokuganryu.com moved on, so finding high res scans just got a bit harder.

EDIT: Well, what do you know. The script came in today. On a Saturday. They make deliveries on Saturdays? And a nice copy of the SB3OCW to replace the one I murdered for scanning.

No comments:

Post a Comment