11 Nov 2010

About damn time

It took a while (100+ hours by the clock...), but Nobunaga unlocked! Admittedly, at least 5 of those hours were spent in the gallery listening to music, and at least another 50 of them spent farming ryou and materials. Seriously... I almost have all the accessories created and only really need to concentrate on farming those stupid helmets. Not exactly the best at parrying, so I was surprised that I managed to get a Daimyo helmet with Oichi while on Extreme. Time to use Keiji in Saika's stage. Hopefully I won't break my R1 button along the way. Well, considering that I only need to get one more (got a few more while playing as Tsuruhime on Extreme), shouldn't be a problem! Or maybe just use Magoichi since I'm playing through her story at the moment and her DPS is so freakishly high that I don't need to put any ATK accessories on her. Boost her DEF, tag along Matsu, and we're set.

So along the way, I figured out how to deal with Magoichi's charged shotgun blasts. They're even more broken than Dante's, and even Nero's charged shots! The charged magnum shots even have the same property as Nero's charged revolver shots (delayed explosion). It's actually pretty funny since you can easily take out bases in a few shots on Extreme. The timing was a little weird at first, mostly because I had just finished with Tsuruhime's story and she uses a different type of style (just-frames for extra shots or damage). Going with her Blue route, then replaying for her Red, then Honnoji. So, that should unlock Motochika. Too bad his story is going to piss me off again because how incredibly stupid he was, as sniffle-worthy as it was. Well, only really if you know their backstory from the previous games. Still wondering which routes are canon or tie into each other. I know that Chika's Red and Nari's Blue are connected. Magoichi's Red is probably the canon route for her. Yukimura and Masamune's Blue are probably tied as well, since those two seem to like screwing around at each other's expense (more Masa than Yuki, much to Kojuurou's annoyance).


On the fandom side of things... I've taken a liking to shipping a lot more pairings and groups than I thought. 家三, 三家, 兄貴と狸, 親家, 親三, 東西兄貴, etc. Probably because I actually took the time to read over all the scripts and playing through all their stories. Still, my favourite is 小政, along with a bit of a crack pairing in 三政. Yes, I love my Foe Yay as much as I love my Ho Yay.



I still think that Ieyasu's ending is somewhat sniffle-worthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment