17 Aug 2010

"Long time no see."

So I've been playing SenBasa3 through alternate means at the moment. Ordered the PS3 version since I've promised a friend to co-op with him and I've been waiting for the release for a while now. Just think of it as sampling. I'm still going to keep it around to play as Kojuurou though. I want my leek-using yakuza back, Capcom!

So the first character I used was Kuroda Kanbei, or affectionately known as KuroKan. Huge problem with this guy? He's slow. Combined with flooding the screen with about 50 mooks, the game slows to about 35~45fps, he gets a little hard to control. Still, even with the slowdown, he's a pretty fun character. Plus, he's quite the chew toy in the Basara universe. He'll never get free of his shackles! I still haven't gotten the rest of his special skills, so I can't really say what his potential is. But at least I unlocked the best grinding stage right off the bat! Oh, and holding Y/Square lets him spin round and round and round... until he gets dizzy enough to stop.

Next up is Masamune... because Kojuurou is an NPC. HOLY HELL HIS COMBO POTENTIAL. He can easily chain his skills into each other and you can now cancel War Dance without purposely getting hit! There was a vid with something about the ultimate Masamune set up... I know that it involves a bodyguard that gives an extra life, his joke weapon and something other things. Just got him to level 50, so he learned TESTAMENT. Wonder what that is...? Still a little annoyed that he doesn't have Phantom Dive anymore. He's pretty much got twice as many moves as everyone else because you can alter his normal skills based on 1-katana or 6-katana mode. Still want Kojuurou back.

Yukimura was up next, and he's gotten better...? It's either that, or I don't suck as much. He's got an interesting property, along with a few other units I think. He can dash right out of some moves. I don't know how to do it consistently yet, but maybe I'll figure it out when I get the PS3 copy. It's dash-cancelling, and Yuki's one of the easier characters to do it with. Holding Y/Square activates one of his old moves that involves a flaming punch or launching himself.

The next character I should probably play as is Kotaro since he unlocks Hanzo as a bodyguard. Great for hunting down basketheads as they give permanent stat boosts. Need to hunt down all 38 for each character. Hm. I'll do that for sure on the PS3 version since I'm sure that my friends aren't too keen on using "weak" characters. Plus, there's a trophy to be had.

Anyways, even with some technical difficulties, I'm quite enjoying it. Do I like it more than SB2:H? Not sure yet. I haven't touched 2:H in a very long time, but I still remember it being insanely fun with smacking things with a leek.

Oh, and this: ARE YOU READY GUYS?! (☄●∀´)☄

No comments:

Post a Comment