11 Aug 2010

Last Ranker!

So I've been playing this for the past few days. It's not a hard JRPG to get into at all. It took a little bit, but I think I get the hang of using the Guard/Break combo. It's not really my style (I like to blitz my enemies), but some fights require the defensiveness of the Guard style while using the Break style to get decent damage in. I've also noticed that you shouldn't block everything and the SP recovery rate. The recovery gets faster the more you need to regain, but the rate resets when you perform any action. That includes guarding. By the looks of things, getting hit speeds it up slightly.

Most of the game overs I had were due to stupidity and not planning out when to use my buffs. Hagane Soul is a really dangerous skill. It lets you withstand attacks (not flinch) while the other Ranker counters you. Perfect against archers and explosives users. But the problem with the skill is that you can end up getting a little reckless with it. Sure, you're withstanding attacks, but you're still taking full damage. Watching your HP is probably a good idea when using the skill. Or at least combine it with Chakuling/regeneration so you won't die as quickly. It's not a constant regen effect, but a periodic gain.

Didn't really pay too much attention to the story... Mostly because the first half was practically barren of a story, then hits you like a ton of bricks at the second half. Didn't really like that kind of pacing since it's a little annoying dumping all of that info and having some pretty intense fights all around. The one thing I really enjoyed was punching out Bayger. That guy's so annoying...! Oh, and quite a few characters like to get touchy-feely with Zig. I wonder how he felt when he got a bunch of random hugs near the end of the game.

What I'm thinking of doing is recording my gameplay for a bit. Definitely going to grab those CG scenes because there aren't that many of them. I just want to get those funny scenes between Tylong and Zig. They're kinda cute, albeit a little embarrassing for Zig. I'm going to have to use my desktop for that since my laptop probably can't handle the load anymore and I don't feel like testing it on my netbook. It's already weak enough as it is.


Final note: Smiling Zig is beyond cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment