3 Mar 2012

Annoyed

I've already posted this on my wikia blog a while ago, but might as well post it here too. The LasRem wiki was nearly 100% copied and hosted elsewhere. They probably obtained a database dump, which is admittedly not that hard to do. I mean, you just need to find a way to navigate to the Statistics page (Special:Statistics) and request one. They used to do weekly dumps, but that got pretty excessive so now you have to request one (the requests are processed weekly). They're still missing a few articles for units, but that may be because of the rather excessive number of redirects we have (which are justified because of wanting to keep the number of actual pages down...). Even after 68 days of stealing the content (which I can't do anything about because of the Creative Commons), their info is pretty outdated because of a few things I'm trying to implement. The JP wiki already started on something that I was going to get to over the break, but a certain assignment effectively put a stop that, along with trying to finish up adding CO/CD rates to the equips.


In other news... Still making my way through Skyrim. Probably not doing a very job of it since I'm only at the Diplomatic Immunity stage. Eh, good enough. First TES game after all. Instead of progressing through the main quest, all I've been doing are sidequests. Still not the best at killing people in towns, so I got a dragon to take care of it for me~ Might stop for a little while to try out Arena. Got it installed on another laptop that I'm using when I don't need all the extra RAM and processing power (although it's stupidly loud and annoying to know that it only has DDR2 RAM). Need to look into an SSD for dual-booting, but the prices are still really high. Either that, or switch over to a Linux distro completely. Good thing Wine can allow to play the games I want without much issue~

Nabbed the Ikaruga demo. I like it... but it's a little bit weird at the moment. Not sure how big the hitbox is, nor am I used to the polarity shift timings, which resulted in me eating a bullet. Maybe I'll get it at some point. Only 800 points...

Speaking of hardware... Mechanical keyboard broke, got a refund for it (annoyed). No Cherry MX Blues until mid~late April. Want a new trackball with a scroll wheel. 5400rpm HDDs are really slow. Practically everything in the house uses DDR2 RAM (Acer + desktop use DDR3, pretty sure mom's laptop is DDR3). Amused to find out that my DELL has 1GB because of 2 512MB sticks. My netbook usually beats it in speed despite being a single-core. Still need to clean the HP laptop, but don't know exactly what's up with the screen. All of this should really be on my other blog. And why am I here when I have an assignment due in about a day?!




And now a little something that tickles the geek in me, an equation:
sqrt(cos(x))*cos(300x)+sqrt(abs(x))-0.7) *(4-x*x)^0.01, sqrt(6-x^2), -sqrt(6-x^2) from -4.5 to 4.5

No comments:

Post a Comment