3 Sept 2011

Sacrifice souls, punt explosive minions!

So I've started my Hard Mode run, and now am recording it. It's not going as smoothly as I thought, but eh. It's not that bad, but I'm still making a large number of stupid mistakes. Must be my lack of patience catching up, or just out of practise as I haven't touched an action-based game in well over 6 months. No, not even SenBasa. I'm thinking of restarting the run as I think I've gotten used to the flow now. Will be missing using Double Raid and Despise for a little while, but I think I can live without them until I get to Stage 9. I want to find my PS2 copy already, but I have no idea where to look. Where could it have gone...?


It's funny... I found the scans to the novels, then looked at the JP wiki page. While the game is based on the first novel, it's chronologically the last arc in the series. So Sieg starts with a shovel (that turns into a sword when he's fighting, I think) and an intact coat. Other characters that aren't seen, like Novia and Aliceheart ("Chibi" as Sieg calls her). If I'm reading this correctly, Novia is also another Maiden of the Silver, though maybe a different sub-faction as she's not really there for combat. She made food for Sieg? I haven't looked too far into volume 0. Terminology is also different. Instead of "Knight of the Dark Glyphs", it's "Schwartz Ritter", or something to that effect (it's German, a language that I have no understanding of, probably just means "Black Knight"). The sword/shovel thing has a name too, but I can't tell what it is. インドルガンツィア? Wish I could understand more of the language. The novels actually seem interesting when compared to what the game offered in terms of "story." Plus, the illustration of Aliceheart tying knots in Sieg's hair was hilarious.


Interesting thing of note. Someone on NeoGAF linked to my JP guide "translations." Didn't think that would happen as I kinda just typed it up for my own amusement so I didn't have to open up my cut up copy when I wanted to check something. Still have to when going rare hunting, but that's because the maps on the wiki suck. We're working on getting those either replaced, or create a separate section just for them. Updated info can be found on my wiki guide, though I'll still poke at what I've typed here from time to time. There are probably a few mistakes that slipped by as I tended to work on those sections at around 1~3 in the morning. Not the best time to be thinking about these kinds of mechanics, but whatever. As long as it gets done first, then I'll go back to it later. Or else it will never get anywhere. Strange, how the mind works.

Either way, most of the stuff typed up is based on the PC version, with observations of the X360 based on what I've played so far (and damn, I spend too much time looking at command behaviours) and what I've seen while watching playthroughs on NicoDou. I should probably just download the segments and view them on my own time. It'll be easier to observe that way, I think.


I should probably do something with my other blog already... It's been sitting there for about a year without a new post. Hm...

No comments:

Post a Comment