18 Nov 2012

Just rounding up a few things

Well, that was nice. There was a decent spurt of activity over on the PC LasRem boards. Nothing too hard to answer, but at least it was something to stave off boredom. After all, I'm not a Fire Emblem expert, seeing as how I haven't exactly played most of the series, so answering those questions is really only limited to FE13. I should probably play FE4 and FE5 at some point, but the Judgral setting doesn't look all that appealing. Don't care enough about Elibe to do much more than FE7, although I should go through FE6 as a formality. Own the art book after all.

Anyways. The boards. It was mostly discussion about class changes and getting through the first half of the game. I think most of them should be pretty well off now to deal with the rest of it. If not, well... The board's always open for questions. The X360 side pretty much died off. Expected, since the game's coming up to its 4th anniversary now. I think a lot of them are using the Wisdom's Echo grind because it makes things a lot easier. I don't really like it, but I'll use it if I have to. Like I did with the AGO run because of half the team being missing until I closed the quest (it's because the ones in the Third Committee also counted for the run, but were locked until "The Fated One" was finished, which was dependent on "Wisdom's Echo" being successfully finished). Which reminds me, I need to get going on compiling the rest of the quest dialogue at some point, along with all the rumors. Too bad a bunch of the rumors can't be dealt with until you finish "For Love the Bell Tolls" and "The Silent Soul" in Balterossa. But if I have the patience for dealing with all that, it shouldn't be a problem. At least I know that they're being cycled in a set order. Just a matter of visiting enough times to get through them all... This is going to take a while since there's till Undelwalt to unlock and all the earlier quests will more than likely have rumors reaching that forsaken town. At least I gathered all the ones associated with David's quest ("The Distant Promise"). A few funny little real-life references here and there. Don't want to transcribe the JP since I'm pretty sure that it's going to be different in a fair number of places. Localization and all. That, and I can't really transcribe JP text without taking an ungodly amount of time doing it. I need lessons, dammit. At least I'm almost through with converting the formation pages to a format. Also caught a rather glaring mistake on the Trident page. Stat mods were off... Hopefully nothing else will pop up, but it's not too big of a deal if it does. I'll just cross-reference with the tool and correct whatever needs correcting.

On the FE front, not much about my files has changed. Still stuck on Ch.6, still bumming around with the extra Lunatic file, still haven't done anything with the Normal file's pairings. There should be just 1 more DLC episode left, which is the last Ultimate Training and it's priced at 300yen. My guess is that Minerva is the reward since the Whitewings were featured for the other 3. Hopefully there's going to be something else because of the slightly higher cost when compared to the other Ultimate Training maps. It's going to be one hell of a map... I doubt that I'll get a team ready in time since I haven't exactly been training anyone lately. Too lazy to do so, and it looks like it almost requires using the children because of their much higher modifiers. It seems that it's an Anna that'll be the boss. Wouldn't be surprised since she can travel on a multi-verse scale...

Still haven't downloaded the Biohazard 6 demo, but that's because the PS3 can't seem to connect to the net. Going to find out what's wrong since I also want online access while playing Journey once I get around to it. Although that's also going to come with the little "good luck staying connected" because of the distance between the system and the router. Maybe it won't be that bad since all the other systems (save for the 3DS, but that's the 3DS) don't have much of an issue connecting and staying connected for long periods of time. If I can get it connected, going to grab the E.X. Troopers while I'm at it. The 3DS demo was actually really fun so I want to see how the PS3 version holds up.

Speaking of which... E.X. Troopers definitely has an arcade feel to it. I'm not exactly fond of how the mini-map works. The directional FOV cone doesn't rotate with the character smoothly, only changing its direction if the camera has rotated enough. Kinda annoying. At least the map is fixed. That much I liked. Also, you can toggle the zoom by tapping on the -/+ on the bottom screen. Just make sure that you don't accidentally press the big yellow one, or else you'll use their special attack (メテオ or Meteor? in Bren's case). The controls aren't too bad either. It takes some getting used to using the d-pad to change the camera, but that's fine. It's not like the system has a second analog stick to help with that. Might be a tipping point for getting the PS3 version instead. But I do want to tag it along for short bursts since the gameplay and mission-based setup lends itself well for that. The demo's pretty short, and can be finished in less than 10 minutes. Consists of a tutorial (you can't die) with a short "boss" fight, and a mission where you have a real chance of dying if you flounder around a little too much. You also have to defend Julie to proceed in the mission since she's vulnerable while hacking an entry point. It can get a little bit hairy if you don't watch where all the bullets are coming from. Oh, and getting turned into a snowman sucks. You have to mash B to get free... Pretty sure that it's not going to be localized.

Oh, and I watched an entire playthrough of Operation Raccoon City. Eh... doesn't really look like something I'd want to play. Plus, some of the missions don't look all that well designed. Facing off against 2 Tyrants with only their faces as their weak spot with weak player AI? Yeah, no. Even worse with the DLC, where there are 4 of them running around and already mutated. Have fun getting stunlocked! And that final boss for the Spec Ops missions? It took forever to get through. Was not that fun watching/listening to the guy cuss his way through the battle because the Tyrant-parasite thing would. Not. Go. DOWN. In a reasonable amount of time. I guess that's why they give you "unlimited" ammo during those kinds of fights.

No comments:

Post a Comment