19 Apr 2011

Part 1 Done.

Well, after about 2(?) months, I've finished Part 1 of my Athlum Generics Only run. Normally, it wouldn't take me that long to get past that. Mostly because of being caught up in schoolwork, applications and continuing to gather and interpret data, which dramatically slows down any progress I may have had instead. Still, I have the Normal run to deal with. I left that one alone for now, but I have to make sure that I agree with Ophelia all the way to get Nordis's HP values. Dealing with "At Hatred's End" is not going to be fun, even more annoying if I even make it to The True Conqueror (Abyss Gate = Instakill).

The Gates of Hell was a bit more difficult than I expected. First run that morning fell apart very quickly (must have been lack of sleep), then the second one ran much more smoothly. Remind me to never go on a death run against the Gates. Having Rush there did make things a little bit easier, would have been even better if he had Vivification Herb, but it wasn't likely that he would have sparked it in time. After all, it requires about 20 uses of Restorative Herb before he gets enough Herbs EXP to spark it. I already knew that if he didn't have the Ragna-rock, it would work against me in a very nasty manner. While Vega, McGrady and Oakes can revive, there's just no way for Vega and McGrady's unions to charge enough AP for it, even with the InitAP bonus from their class (Healer, InitAP +10%). Besides, the AP cost was still far too high for it to be a feasible revive art at the moment (129AP). Still, very successful run with only deploying 12 units, even if one is still stuck at unit BR2.

Jager and the Lob Omen went much more smoothly. Only required 1 attempt, but I went ahead with recording a different set up. 1-3-3-3-1 was the config, worked flawlessly. Good thing I got their STR up a little bit, or else Lob Omen might have been a little too much for some of them to handle. Perneth and Hematea were definitely MVPs in the fight due to their very high INT, paired with Hex and single target Invo. Needed to get rid of the 4 distractions ASAP, before they really make a dent on some of the slightly more fragile unions. Purposely stuck Vega and Oakes together. I knew that they would get bashed around a little bit, so one to revive while the other will heal the union. Plus, they're sturdy enough. Marty's union was also quite robust, considering that there's the Shield of the Vanquisher in play. He would have eventually upgraded to it, but I didn't want to eventually have to hunt for Jewel Steel, and giving it to him early means that I don't have to deal with any potential illegal upgrades. Exploited Lob Omen's AI to Raidlock it a few times. This fight is much easier than the Gates if you know what you're doing, and/or happen to have high powered Hex units hanging around.


Thinking on it though... I think I may have overdone the stat grinding. Sure, it took me several tries to get past the Nest of Eagles, but I think I could have done with lower stats if I had used a similar set to the Jager+Lob Omen fight since the Hexes were dealing enough damage to take out those unions. And because of the grinding, I ended at BR20. Could have been even lower if I didn't do as much grinding, which I could have benefited from because there are new units to recruit. Well, next order of business to grabbing the numbers on those boss fights. Good thing I have saves right before each one.

And I think that someone should write an "Idiot's Guide to The Last Remnant." I'm starting to get a little bit annoyed at all the questions that are being asked. Mostly because it only takes a little bit of experimentation, a little observation, and all those save slots to figure out what the hell you're doing wrong. Almost everything that goes wrong in the game is on the player.

On a slightly more amusing note... It's the first time I've seen someone banned so quickly. I wonder over what though. Was it that topic? Or was it the topic title? I was already being extremely patient with him, even giving the HP thresholds of what the Conqueror would do. I mean, seriously. Getting caught in his Overdrive state twice is already bad enough. Since he will always use Overdrive at a certain point, all the user had to do was just prepare for and not send every union against him for the third attempt! This is the same guy that eventually noticed that rares would stop Skull Scavengers from spawning. Oh, and apparently destroying the game because it was "cheating." If anything, the player already has the advantage. A huge one at that too. It all depends on how you manipulate the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment